- We are now accepting applications for 2015 entry. LIMITED PLACES. APPLY NOW!
- London-based 2-Year BSc. in Biomedical Sciences now available with our partners, Medipathways
- Online revision courses specifically designed to prepare for entrance examination for European medical or dental schools now available from our partner, Exam Revision Courses.
- Sign up for our monthly newsletter for prospective Medicine & Dentistry students, to find out the latest news!
- Specialist preparation for UKCAT, UCAS Personal Statements and Medical & Dental School Interviews, book now!
- 2+4 Articulation for Medicine for September 2015 entry - contact us now!
Medical University of Gdansk, Poland
6-Year Medicine at the Medical University of Gdansk
The medical school has an excellent and comprehensive website that answers many questions. Therefore you may wish to view it directly on: www.ed.amg.gda.pl
Since 1945 the Faculty of Medicine at Gdansk has been producing medical doctors. It is known for the high quality of its teaching.
The faculty has over 2000 students, almost ¼ of whom are foreign students. The Faculty comprises 69 Departments, Institutes and Clinics.
The Faculty prides itself on running as many as 1831 PhD projects and 290 post-doctorate projects. These are supported by resources located in nearby clinical and pre-clinical facilities.
Practical clinical classes take place in the Academic Clinical Centre, which is the largest hospital in Northern Poland.
Since 1998 the Faculty of Medicine has been participating in the SOCRATES/Erasmus Programme and is currently involved with The Lifelong Learning Programme. Both of these organise student exchanges with partner universities within the European Union.
The City of Gdansk
Gdansk is the main port of Poland, set in a beautiful location. It has been called 'the next Prague' because of its potential as a tourist destination. It is about 3 hours flight from London.
Around the city there are theatres, museums, beautiful gardens, a concert hall and much more. Gdansk’s night-life is up and coming with many student pubs and clubs around town.
More information on Gdansk can be found on the website for the Tourist Board.
Application Procedure: Complete M&D Application; sit entrance examination which focuses on Chemistry and Biology; receive offer.
Entrance Requirements: To have completed secondary school education, including studies in Chemistry and Biology.
Online revision courses to help prepare for entrance examination, designed specifically for this University. see: Entrance Exam Revision Courses.
Application Deadline: Applications for this University abroad are now for 2014 entry. However, there is a new opportunity to study the first 2-years of a 6-year course in London and the remaining 4 years in Poland or the Caribbean. Applications for this programme are still being considered for 2014 entry, so please see the following webpage to find out more on this new opportunity 2+4 Articulation.
Places are filling fast, so please submit your application as soon as possible to secure a place to study medicine in September.
To register your interest and apply for their medical degree course now, please click here.